BORDERLINE PERSONALITY & ADDICTION INTERVENTIONS
A “Borderline Personality and Addiction Interventions” is an orchestrated attempt by one or many people – usually family and friends – to get someone to seek professional help with an addiction, and emotional or mental health crisis.
What is the definition of Borderline Personality? An indeterminate psychological condition commonly featuring aggression, impulsive behavior, emotional instability, suspicion of others, and unexpected mood swings. BPD) is a pattern of abnormal behavior characterized by impulsivity, unstable affect, inconsistent interpersonal relationships, and poor self-image.
- Some individuals also display uncontrollable anger and depression. The pattern is typically present by early adulthood and occurs across a variety of situations and contexts.
Symptoms of BPD:
- Intense fears of abandonment, sensitivity to feelings of rejection, and irritability of vague or uncertain origin.
- People with BPD often engage in idealization and devaluation of others, alternating between high positive regard and great disappointment.
- Self-harm, suicidal behavior, and substance abuse are commonly associated.
Information/Research from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borderline_personality_disorder
What are some of the signs and behavioral symptoms of Borderline personality disorder? (BPD) may be characterized by the following signs and symptoms:
- Has a loss of personal identity with mood swings?
- Self-harm behaviors such as; substance misuse, excessive spending, unsafe sex, over eating and driving under the influence and reckless.
- Anger outburst, rage and frequent physical violence
- Self-injury, impulsive, worthlessness, depression and sadness
- Concerns and very fearful of abandonment
- Intense or uncontrollable emotional outbursts
- Dysfunctional relationship, splitting person against each other
- Unstable interpersonal relationships and self-esteem
If you are a family member that is struggling with your loved ones “Borderline Personality Disorder and addictions to drugs or alcohol” and do not know what to do, we at CanAm Interventions specializes in “complex Borderline Personality Disorder & Addiction interventions”.
It is important for you as family member to understand that you are dealing with a Mental Health Illness & Addiction and you cannot rationalize or talked your loved one in to stopping their behaviors or addictions.
We advised you to seek professional help today .Borderline Personality Disorder & Addiction requires professional supports, mental health trained staff to assess and diagnose treatment such as; psychiatrist, psychologist, clinical persons, addiction professionals and medical trained staff to address detoxification (if there is an addiction or medication management) to support and help manage the symptoms ”Borderline Personality Disorder & Addiction” and create a clinical treatment plan that has a mental health/addiction track.